[TowerTalk] Hard line connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hard line connectors
From: W3EA@aol.com (W3EA@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:58:53 -0500 (EST)
  N3HUV Wrote 38cal shell caseins = hard line conectors..
  K3LXC  Wrote This is for Big Guns Only
    We at the FRC have for years gone to FT. DIX NJ. ARMY base to drag home
spent 105MM   Shell casings. Thay are retro fitted For our Beveridge and
recive ant connectors. When the Navy was refitting the Battle Ship USS NJ. At
the Philedilphia Ship Yards The members we fortunate to get a supply of the
16in  shells. This as documated in the FRC news letter 4/1/82 . Was modified
 with 44 magg shell caseings as the center pin and addapted to the
Transmitter FEED LINES...
   We then broke in the coax WITH THE CONECTOR installes as described i nthe
current issue of QST  .. BIGGER IS BETTER
                                               73'       Wayne W3EA