[TowerTalk] Vertical vs. Low Beam?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs. Low Beam?
From: (Doug Brandon)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 10:07:20 -0800 (PST)
I've been using a roof mounted HF6V vertical (at about 16') for the
past 5 years with reasonable results.  I'm currently looking into putting
up a tower, but in the meantime I'm curious if a roof mounted beam
(say a Force C3/C4 or Cushcraft A4) at around 20' - 25' would do any
better than the vertical.

I know the rule of thumb with beams is "higher is better", but what is
the minimum height at which I can expect reasonable results?  or at
least better results than the vertical?

Comments appreciated,

  73 de Doug, N6RT

  Doug Brandon