[TowerTalk] Connectors and the weatherproofing

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors and the weatherproofing
From: (Chuck Dietz (KE5FI))
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 23:48:31 -0600 wrote:
> In a message dated 97-03-23 21:19:15 EST, writes:
> > With all due respect, it sounds like you would need about an hour to get
> the
> >  thing apart.

Hey, who worries about taking the joint APART??  I just hopt that it
stays TOGETHER with no water incursion!  Hey, I'll cut the coax if need

By the way, I have found some "shrink wrap" type of black material to
cover connections with that you heat with a torch...  Some guys
installing a comercial satellite installation gave me a couple of
pieces... It seals like the original insulation on the coax and looks
totally waterproof...  I hope someone knows the brand or source for this

Chuck, KE5FI