[TowerTalk] STACKED TH7'S AND 2L40

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] STACKED TH7'S AND 2L40
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 16:44:36
At 07:43 AM 3/23/97 EST, T. A. Russell wrote:

>Put up 80 ft of Rohn 45, guyed at 40 and 80 ft. using Philystran or
>adequately insulated steel guys.
>Place TH7's (or other tribanders/5 banders) at 40 and 80 ft.

(rest deleted)

Since I already have a 2-high TH-7 stack model, I ran this, and Tom's right
this setup looks pretty good on both 20 and 15, for TH-7s.  But the funny
thing ... run the same stack with a pair of C-3s, and the 15-meter pattern
is DREADFUL - very little F/B ratio and a lot of wasted power going
straight up.

Can anyone out there suggest why this should be?

73, Pete Smith N4ZR