[TowerTalk] Force 12 Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Vertical
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:14:37 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-03-23 21:38:20 EST, w1hij@contesting.com writes:

> Anyone have any experience with the F-12 ZR-3 vertical which is
>  advertised in the April QST?  Claims 93% efficient (???)
>
>  I've got severe restrictions regarding antennas outdoors (which I
>  ignore for dipoles but can't ignore to the tune of a yagi unless I
>  want to move, and given a location on a ridge top 600 ft ASL, 1/2
>  mile from the ocean, I'm not about to do that).

      While I haven't used one directly myself, I am familiar with the ZR-3.
 The reason that it is rated at 93% efficiency is that it is basically
full-sized vertical dipoles.  They are bent in the flat-top configuration
illustrated in the catalog, thus reducing the overall height of the antenna.

     The advantages include:

     *  Increased efficiency over a conventional trapped vertical (NO traps!)
     *  Increased bandwidth over a trapped vertical
     *  True "NO radials required" (it's a dipole, remember?)
     *  Full legal limit (and more) power handling capability
     *  Can be mounted at any height (2 feet off the ground minimum)

      If I was in the market for a vertical, I'd get one of these in a New
York second.  TOWER TECH is a Force 12 dealer.

73,  Steve   K7LXC

     TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs