[TowerTalk] RE: Using Silicone Grease

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Using Silicone Grease
From: (Dick Bodine)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:34:31 -0500
Hawkins, Bill wrote:
> At 11:38 PM 3/23/97 -0600, you wrote:
> > wrote:
> >> Since 1989, I have been potting all of my coaxial connectors with a
> >> non-conductive silicone grease before I put them together.
> >>
> I have never seen silicone grease. Any trade names?
> Bill W5EC

The silicone grease I am most familiar with and used extensively during
my career for "O" rings on waveguides among other things, was Dow
Corning's DC-4.  Another brand was Accumetric Inc. Now this material is
not to be confused with an RTV.  DC-4 never sets up... it's a grease and
maintains it's original consistancy for...!  I would never have thought
about using it in the capacity of RF connectors for water displacement
as discribed in other posts.  Good idea!
Dick Bodine                          Amateur Radio Call:  WJ0M
Duluth, MN 55804
Are you in a lot of discomfort?  Do you know someone who is?
Check the following site then contact me.