[TowerTalk] Connectors and the weatherproofing

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors and the weatherproofing
From: (Keith Morehouse - W9RM)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:41:13 -0600 wrote:
> A nice final touch is to coat the outer tape either with some
> ScotchKote or spray it with some clear urethane.

If you're going to use ScotchKote, apply ANOTHER wrap of tape over it,
preferably while it's still tacky.

The UV performance of ScotchKote is poor, to say the least.  In my
experience (I use it all the time and have plenty of it on my work
clothes to prove it...), the stuff will cease to be a conformal coating
and begin crazing and cracking off after about 6-8 months in the Midwest
- probably a lot faster in the South.

PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
Keith J. Morehouse /  W9RM  / Society of Midwest Contesters
847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail: