Thanks to the many responses and ideas on what was causing
my static problem that started about three weeks ago.
The suggestions of the noise were:
1. Computer or computer monitor.
2. Power line noise from nearby power company pole. Lots of good
ideas on this one as how to track down the pole that has the noisy
3. Cheap touch control lamps.
4. Light dimmers.
5. Doorbell transformer.
6. New incandescent light controllers.
7. New quartz lights, as they also have a control.
8. New garage door opener with infrared (or some kind) sensor
9. Horizontal sweep from a TV (W2YR).
The culprit ended up being my three week old GE, 31" stereo TV.
Solution: Promptly returned the GE to 'Best Buy'. Went to
Wall-Mart and bought a 31" Sanyo. No more RFI!
Thanks again everybody!!!
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Sponsored by: Akorn Access, Inc. & N4VJ / K4AAA