[TowerTalk] Feeding a grounded tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feeding a grounded tower
From: (
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:54:54 -0500 (EST)

> If I go ahead and use unbroken EHS from tower to grounded guy anchors (the
>  base of the tower is definetely grounded a la Ufer and ground rods), what
>  is the best way to feed the tower for 160M, or is there a best way? Should
>  I consider breaking each guy at least one place, and if so, where?
Hi, Steve --

      You've been kinda quiet for awhile.

     I'd put an insulator at the top of each guy wire, otherwise the whole
shebang is grounded (is that a good idea for an antenna?).

     Insulating the guywire also isolates the guy wire and hardware from a
lightning strike.  A strike going through your turnbuckles will likely weld
them together.

73,  Steve  K7LXC