SillyCone greese (or sealant) exudes a mild acid when drying.
Unfortunately, part of that evaporating acid goes INSIDE the connector or
connection while some goes out into the already polluted air. The part
that goes inside stays there, being sealed so well by the SillyCone.
Then, as I did, when you unscrew connection years later, out pours the
liquid (especially if you allow gravity to aid you in this endeavor).
Donnnna use SillyCone. Good for windshields, maybe, not coax connectors.
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Sponsored by: Akorn Access, Inc. & N4VJ / K4AAA