[TowerTalk] Sommer again

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sommer again
From: (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 01:02:26 -0500 (EST)
Hey, I was offering Mr. Sommer thousands of dollars of exposure to the
kind of hams who actually may purchase his antennas, and over many years
from a middlin-high contest station.  Again, I say, without an installed
base and lots of word of mouth, doesn't matter how good your product is,
no one (very few) will take a chance on it.
Yes, he is a dedicated craftsman, not a salesman.  Therein is a potential
failure of a potentially excellent product.
Why do some mfgs. loan their products to big guns and to contest & dx
operations if they do not expect gain from the loan or gift?  I want good
products to succeed, including Sommer's if so.  Gotta get them out there
in view.  de K4VUD/V26V, Charlie.