[TowerTalk] Thanks for the feedback on LM-354 towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thanks for the feedback on LM-354 towers
From: ataylor@midas.llnl.gov (Allan G. Taylor)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:27:39 -0800 (PST)
Many thanks to the TowerTalk gang re my recent posting for experience/input
on a slight overload of a LM-354 tower.  The several varied responses have
provided food for thought. Speaking of food:

        HAPPY EASTER, everyone    ... or for those who don't celebrate,

        HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND OFF!!

The concensus was that one should buy as big a tower as possible from the
outset and that a nominal 'overload' was probably not a big deal since the
towers have sufficient 'fudge factor' in their rated load capacity.

My planned system, as a result of this feedback and other info is to proceed
with the LM-354 (or HD version, if I can find an extra $600 at the time) and
put up the Force-12  Magnum 320/340 or EF420/240. An installed photo of either
of those or a Force-12 Magnum 340 could prove VERY useful in the permit and
convince those neighbors process.

Grant   K7GT       k7gt@qsl.net

        WHAT IS PHONE?      CW FOREVER!