[TowerTalk] New T2X

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New T2X
From: (Dave Quick WD0EKL)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 12:45:39 -0600
At 11:52 AM 3/29/1997 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 97-03-29 11:29:34 EST, (Chuck Sudds)
>> I just received my new T2X rotor from Norm's and have bench tested it and
>>  everything works just fine. I will be installing this within the next week
>>  in my Rohn HDBX48 with top thrust bearing. I will be rotating my KLM
>>  Tri-Bander and a small 2M beam. I am installing new 8-wire rotor cable at
>>  the same time. The cable run is only about 80ft.
>>  My question is:  Is there anything else that I should do before installing
>>  this new rotor?
>      Well, yes.  The T2X will fit but won't rotate in the BX series of
>towers without some modifications.  The case ears that stick out on the T2X
>are the culprits.  One thing you can try is to bend out the X-braces at the
>rotator.  This is from the 'bigger hammer' school of tower construction.  The
>other thing that you can do is to remove the rotator shelf and re-install in
>upsidedown.  This apparently gives you the clearance you need.  I haven't
>tried it personally but this tip comes from Bill, W7TI, and is worth a try.
>73,  Steve  K7LXC

I know that a T2X won't fit in a BX-2 top section because a Ham IV just
barely fits,
but it might fit in a BX-3 top section.

Depends on how the tower is configured. I believe an HDBX-48 is sections BX-8
through BX-3, with BX-8 being the largest available base section.

Dave Quick WD0EKL
Compuserve: 75526,2656
Grid square EN35jb
Minneapolis, MN