[TowerTalk] phillistran guy wires

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] phillistran guy wires
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 21:43:08 EST
OK -- time to let out my little secret.  THINK REAL HARD about where you
are going to put your Phillystran.  Then go to your local automobile
parts store and buy fuel line hose or a size to fit neatly over your
Phillystran.  Purchase 25 feet or so, which should get you through most
trees, and slide it on.  Fuel line hose has fiber glass in it and is
HIGHLY resistant to abrasion.  Keep it in place with tie  wraps, tape,
string to prevent it from slipping down (note that this precaution need
only be on the DOWN side of the fuel line hose).

There you have it.  No splices. Solid Philly. Real easy.  It also comes
in black and will be virtually invisible.  I have a length on one guy,
and, unless I take out binoculars, I can't even find the hose when I'm
looking for it -- and I know where it is.

Fred Hopengarten, K1VR
Six Willarch Road; Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
617/259-0088; e-mail:  k1vr@k1vr.jjm.com or k1vr@juno.com