[TowerTalk] G5RV

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G5RV
From: (Mary-Frances R. Bartels)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 16:09:01 MST
Hello again,
   Sorry about the confusion.  Your English was so good that it was only
as I was sending the note that I noticed that you do not reside in an
English-speaking country.

On Tue, 01 Apr 1997 15:44:55 -0300 "Carlos Augusto S. Pereira"
<> writes:
>Excuse me Sir I really tried to understand your entire mail! However
   Ah, I am female.  No offense taken over the use of the term "sir".  I
am also not "politically correct".

>><> writes:
>----->"What's the meaning of snip?"
   The word "snip" is used on the Internet when the person replying to an
e-mail omits portions of it.  Snip referrs to the omission like scissors
would snip something out of a magazine or newspaper.

>>   Don't know if my antenna is SUPPOSED to be 5 meters above the
>>Mine isn't.  Sometimes it gets hung up on a metal vent, which I know
>is a
>>"no no".
   Perhaps your confusion is with the words "no no".  "No no" means
"forbidden".  G5RVs and their twinlead or ladder line feedlines should
NOT touch or come near metal objects.

>>build yourself.  I would have built one myself but was chicken at the
>>time.  I've gone on to build a dipole and vertical out of junque from
>>around the house.
>------>"What is the meaning of chicken here. I don't believe you are a
   "Chicken" means "afraid".  Also, "junque" is a fancy way to spell
"junk".  It is often used to mean junk that is one step above trash.
Most junk is plain trash.
   Hope this clarifies things.

Mary-Frances R. Bartels                         (((#)))     ^     ^
Amateur Radio Callsign: KI0DZ     Denver, CO       |         ^ - ^
"Owner and Operator" of Rudolph's Rabbit Ranch  -------      (o o)
Independent Rep. of Watkins products            |ooOoo|    >{  |  }<
(303) 428-5884                 -------        "      )*