[TowerTalk] Bent mast.

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bent mast.
From: Joe Subich" < (Joe Subich)
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 97 14:56:30 -0500
In <>, on 04/02/97
   at 10:48 AM, Bob Nygren N3RN <> said:

>       What I'd appreciate now is some advice regarding how to get the
>antennas down safely.
>       The tower is only 40 feet, mounted in concrete and bolted to the
>house at 8 feet and at the peak.  The top of the tower is about 15
>feet above the house.  Appox 9 feet of mast is in the tower.

Bite the bullet and get a crane.  A good crane operator will be able to
put someone up along side the mast in a bosun's chair and the antennas
can either be removed one at a time or the lift line can be attached to
the mast above its center of gravity (probably 4' +/- from the top in
your case) and the whole assemby can be lifted down as a unit.

I would suggest having the antennas brought down one at a time ... even
though it might take a little longer.

   ... Joe Subich, W8IK  ex-AD8I