[TowerTalk] 40-2CD BOOM SUPPORT

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD BOOM SUPPORT
From: gjerning@flash.net (Arne Gjerning)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 19:12:20 -0800
Clamped tubing joints will slip over time when loaded. I replaced the
tubing trusses with wire rope. This I feel is a better solution and adds
to a feeling of security. I have also braided eyes into the wire rope
which provides a very secure and strong eye.

Braiding an eye in wire rope is easy and can be acconplished quickly once
learned. The bonus is no clamps of any kind are needed though I use 1
just to secure the free end.