[TowerTalk] RE: The Other End of the Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: The Other End of the Coax
From: HARPERD@TX.SLR.com (HARPER, DAVID)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:53:37 -0600
Brent:
I just put a regular PL259 connector on the end of the coax.  Then I
take a
panel mount SO239, solder a short wire to the center pin and another to
one of the flange mounting holes, and attach those wires to the beam (a
split-driven-element Cushcraft A4S in my case).  That way you can
weather-
proof the PL259 just like normal, and just screw it onto the SO239.
73,
Dave WD5N