[TowerTalk] Tower Falling Radius

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Falling Radius
From: n4rn@gate.net (Bill Loviska)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 19:45:59 -0500
>I never learn.
>Why all the doubting Thomases out there?  Is it because of the felled-
>tree concept that we believe towers fall the same way?  That sort of
>plebian thought process is what prompted the young lady (when I permitted
>my 130 foot tower) to tell me imperiously that I would have to place it
>130 feet from any edge of my property!  Most towers I've heard of that
>fell, fall within a short radius of the base.  By short, I mean quite
>short.

I try to ignore postings that have the word "plebian" in them, however. In
1983 my Rohn25 tower, guyed at 3 levels, came down in a storm. It folded 2
feet above the concrete and extended like a "felled tree". I hope you didn't
tell the young lady, just as imperiously, that a tower will not fall like a
tree.

Bill