[TowerTalk] Force 12 Antenna Destroyed by Wind

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Antenna Destroyed by Wind
From: (Bill Straw)
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 97 20:56 EST
  We've had 45 MPH straight line winds all day, a foot
of new snow, and the current temp is 9 F. I looked out
at where my Force 12 DXer is supposed to be, and there's
a mess hanging off the tower. The boom appears to have
broken into 3 pieces, and now the truss wires are
holding the outside pieces as they blow around smashing
into the tower!

  My question - Is there a warranty on these antennas?
This particular one cost $900 and seems to have failed
at much less than the 80 MPH advertised.

73 BILL WB0O in North Dakota