[TowerTalk] removing silicone

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] removing silicone
From: (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 22:38:16 -0500
I cann't guarantee this will work, because I don't know exactly what you

I would use a hot lacquer thinner product from Ditzler Paint their
identification is DTL-16. This is a high volitility lacqer thinner that
is very aggressive. I discovered it when I wasworking in my Dad'a body
shop as kid. I usually buy a couple of gallons at a time. Last time was
two years ago and his price was $20 a gallon. We always used it in
primer to get the primer to dry fast so we could get to final sanding
faster. I use it for cleaning stuff.

Some times you have to soak the alluminum part in it for 5 or 10 minutes
and use paper towels so you don't fill a rag with the dissolved stuff
and spread it all over.

You can dispose of the paper towels by spreading them out single layer
in a well ventilated garage to finish evaporating, then put in trash.

Do keep it away from plastic parts - it will eat up any thing -
including your hands and it has a tolulene in it - a know carcinagin. So
use rubber gloves and a face shield for any splashes.

My wife hates the smell and I try to only use it out doors.

Great stuff if it doesn't kill you.

de n0yvy steve