[TowerTalk] Stinger & Jin-Pole Tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stinger & Jin-Pole Tubing
From: wdfuller@themall.net (Don Fuller)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 08:02:09 -0700
Have a question...

My new jin-pole hardware and thrust bearing need 2-inch OD mast...I am
having trouble finding 2-inch OD hardware for this.  2-inch EMT is 2-1/8"
OD and won't fit. EMT is probably strong enough for the jin-pole but not
the stinger.  I can get rigid conduit which is 1-7/8" OD and probably OK
but heavier for the jin-pole handling up the tower. I have seen some
negative comments here on Tower Talk about using normal water pipe for
stingers, but those making the comments have had multiple large yagis
mounted above the tower.  I will only have one TA-33 and one 440 yagi above
the tower.  Question-  will 1-1/2" schedule 40 galvanized water pipe be ok
for my installation?  I would also appreciate comments on spacing of my
yagis above the tower (by the way Rohn 25 with flat top). Your comments and
ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Don (KA6KGF & wdfuller@themall.net)