[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Preform Guy Grip Install

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Preform Guy Grip Install
From: (Keith Morehouse - W9RM)
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 10:49:17 -0500
Pat Barthelow wrote:
> NEEDED; FAQs re Preformed, Guy Grips;

I suggest you start by calling Preformed Line Products Company (PLP) in
where-ever Michigan and request their catalog.  It has a wealth of
information concerning what amateurs commonly refer to as "preforms" or
"grips".  My catalog is at home - I'm sure someone here has their phone

This reference source will show you the proper procedures for installing
these products, as well as give you all the guidance you need in
selecting the proper termination.

BEWARE !  PLP makes hundreds of different kinds of terminations - each
one engineered for a specific type of "cable".  One can NOT grab any old
PLP product for a certain diameter cable and expect it to safely work on
galvanized guy strand.  

PLP makes terminations for galvanized, ungalvanized, stainless,
aluminium, phosphore bronze, ect - right hand lay, left hand lay - 7
strand, 14 strand, ect ect ect ect - you get the picture !

PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
Keith J. Morehouse /  W9RM  / Society of Midwest Contesters
847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail:

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>