[TowerTalk] Testing guy terminations

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Testing guy terminations
From: (Frank Donovan)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 18:39:46 -0400 (EDT)
Ten years ago I visited TCI International's HF Broadcasting antenna
manufacturing facility in Mountain View, CA and witnessed first hand their
100% testing of all guy wire and antenna components as they came off the
production line before they were packaged into an installation kit for an
overseas HF curtain array installation.  My recollection is that this was
a 72 element array with reflecting curtain mounted on eight 400 foot
towers!  Hmm....  makes one think about the possibilities!

As I recall, these were destined for a VOA installation.  The test
operator (and me!) were very well protected from the apparatus while the
test was in progress!