[TowerTalk] Masts

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Masts
From: (Ray Antasek)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 02:30:21 +0100
I just got on Tower Talk a couple days ago.  Hopefully I'm not asking about
something that was just discussed.  I would like to know what options I
would have for mast material.  I want to go with 2" O.D., 20' long.  I'm
guessing 20' is as long as I would safely want to go.  I have heard of one
called Chrome-molly.  A friend suggested using 6061-T6 aluminum tubing with
a 3/8" wall.  What else should I be aware of?  Any info on price range and
strength would be helpful.  I'm looking at putting a Force 12 C-4XL at the
top of the mast.

     KT6RA  Ray Antasek

Check out our web site!