[TowerTalk] Stacks of tribanders

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacks of tribanders
From: w2up@Op.Net (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 14:49:44 +0000
On 14 Apr 97, <> wrote:

> 1.  What spacing do you like and why?

Mine are at 40 and 76 ft. Tower is 75 ft, TH7 just above top, and
402CD 9 ft above that. With guys wires, could have gone 35 to 45
feet. Picked 40 for no good reason other than others thought it was
a good height.
> 2.  Is it a real installation or one that you've
modeled that looks good?
Real, not modelled.
> 3.  How do you switch antennas or do you have to
(want to)?
Use DX Engineering Univ Phase box, with U/L/Both switch. 95% of time
both in, so if trying to conserve $$, I'd skip the relays and just
use the transformer.

>      Comments on these questions are appreciated and any general comments on
> the topic will be gratefully received.
> 73,  Steve   K7LXC
> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> Submissions:
> Administrative requests:
> Problems:
Barry Kutner, W2UP                           Internet:
Newtown, PA                   FRC            alternate: