[TowerTalk] Simplicity of Advice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Simplicity of Advice
From: pbarkey@wp.bsu.edu (Patrick Barkey)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:10:18 -0500
Hey guys,

Are you seriously saying that someone needs a crane to take down
Rohn 25?

I realize that there is ample room for differing opinions about how to
proceed with tower work, but the thread I keep hearing that says:

   [1] get a crane

   [2] get a PE

   [3] get a lawyer

is a bit simple minded, don't you think?  Its not corporate America (or
Germany, or Brazil) that is putting up ham radio antennas -- its hams.

Re: the Rohn 25 situation -- I would expect more practical advice on
here, like (a) how to tell if its worth salvaging, (b) how to get stuck
sections apart, etc.

   -- Pat
      N9RV