I am in the process of purchasing a piece of property and building a house.
Before I even get to constructing a tower - which was the whole point of
buying land (my wife thinks it was to build a house), I am concerned mostly
about a good station design. The aforementioned wife has already
determined the station will be located in the basement.
What resources are available for planning and laying out a station.
1) What power requirements should you plan for.
2) Constructing a good ground.
3) Station egress for the coax.
4) Managing the wiring octopus.
5) Station proximity as it relates to electrical service location,
phone junction box and network wiring (yes, I'm a geek, I work with
networks and my house is going to have one)
6) etcetera ....
I am sure there are many other things that I have not even considered.
Anyway pointers to resources that may have this kind of information would
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com