[TowerTalk] Station design resources

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Station design resources
From: w2up@Op.Net (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 00:27:46 +0000
On 15 Apr 97, Rich L. Boyd <> wrote:

> If you're building the house from scratch, consider having the builders
> install ground rods below the basement concrete slab.  I've heard of this
> being done.  Sounds like a slick idea to me...don't know if there are
> negatives.

Another thing not to forget - If you have your builder install the
ground rods before pouring the basement slab, make sure you know
where he is going to put basement hardware. I had the builder put in
a few ground rods for me, then when the appliances were brought in,
my proposed ham shack was now occupied by the oil tank and heater!
I wound up just hack sawing the ground rods and relocating the shack.
BTW, with a hammer drill and a masonry bit, it's pretty easy to drill
thru the slab and bang in the rods yourself, but you may have to go
with a 4 or 6 ft rod if you have a low ceiling.
73 Barry

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: