[TowerTalk] Towers in Savannah Ga.?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Towers in Savannah Ga.?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:52:48 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-16 09:59:01 EDT, SavageBR@aol.com writes:

> I expect to relocate to the Savannah Ga. area in the next few months. Does
>  anyone have any experience with gaining tower approval from the county?
Any
>  suggestions? I am trying to do a little home work in advance. Either
Chatham,

>  Bryan or  Effingham counties??

     Bad news, Bubba.  Chatham is a 95 MPH wind speed zone, Bryan and
Effingham are 90.  They are all within 100 miles of hurricane oceanline so
you'd better build and install stuff that will prove reliable in this
demanding environment.  That is, once you get over the zoning and permitting
hurdles.

73 and good luck,  Steve  K7LXC