[TowerTalk] Hurricanes and Beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hurricanes and Beams
From: steve@gamecash.com (Steve Weisbrod)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 97 13:40:00 -0600
Andy I just got back from unloading my new tower from the truck. It is a
Glen Martin Eng 50' All Alum. tower with a Hazer. This tower has a tram
which allows you to raise and lower the entire ant and rotor system to
the ground. It has one set of guys at the top. You need to loosen two
guys to bring the system up or down. This should be done when there is no
wind as two of the guys are disconnected. It is rated at 16 sqft @ 87
MPH. I asked a lot of people about it before I bought it and of the 10
people that owned it just raved about it. Other had other opinions but no
first hand info.  My next step is to get someone to dig the hole and get
the concrete in for the base. The tower is hinged at the bottom and can
be walked up for erection. I'll keep you and other Tower Talkens
appraised of my progress if anyone is interested.

73 Steve W8GAZ