[TowerTalk] Station design resources

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Station design resources
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 23:58:06 -0500
On Wednesday, April 16, 1997 15:31 PM, K4OJ@aol.com wrote:
>...oh yes, very important - you will thank me for this....
>
>when designing your station's layout plan on the operating table being two or
>three feet away from the wall behind it....when you have problems with
>cabling or have to pull our a piece of gear you simply walk behin the gear
>and go at it....none of that reaching around and feeling your way is
>necessary.
>
>k4oj
>
>--

Everyone not having the luxury of having that kind of
space, an alternative might be to simply put a wheel
on the front two legs and one back leg of the desk.  On
the remaining back leg, put a pedestal of some sort (like
the leveling pad of a refrigerator).  Route cabling such that
it goes towards the pivoting end of the desk before going
off in different directions.  When you need to do work
behind the desk, pull the wheeled end of the desk out
from the wall with the desk pivoting on the other back leg.

I wish I had done that before loading up my 8' long desk.

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u