[TowerTalk] Rotatable Antenna Mounts

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotatable Antenna Mounts
From: (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:51:06 -0700 (PDT)
      We, at N6IJ, are "suffering" under a deluge of aluminum that
we can not adequately handle, yet.  We have enough 70 foot poles
to mount a LARGE number of antennas, but have only a couple, so
far, of rotators to turn them.  Our big LP still turns merrily, especially
towards Japan/Pacific Stations, on it's big HyGain 3501, the smaller
(!) of the commercial/military 3500 series rotators.  Anyone know of
MARS stations around the U.S. that may have some "spare"
          We also would like to know if any of you have developed a
cheap mechanism to support HF monobander beams on a 65 foot
telephone pole, and be able to turn them.  If so, we could install tag
lines for ground turning of our 2ea 40m, 2 element, and 2ea. 4
element 20 meter beams, and put them up on the dormant pole farm
here at N6IJ.
73, DX de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
Marina Amateur Radio Contest Station
Marina, CA