No subject

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: sawyers@cacd.rockwell.com (sawyers)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 97 11:08:55 cst
My apologies to the net if this posting is not quite on subject.

The Collins Amateur Radio Club (the company radio club for Rockwell Collins
Inc.) has obtained Art Collins' callsign (W0CXX) through the vanity
callsign program with the blessing and assistance of Art's widow Mary
Collins.

After receiving the callsign, we have been operating a number of special
events. This evening we have another special operating event. This event
will originate from the club's Main Plant Station which is located at 855
35th Street NE in Cedar Rapids Iowa. The station is housed in a WW II
Butler building using consoles from the original Radio Station Liberty
which was one of the four base stations mentioned in the recent QST article
on General Curtis Lamay.

At the request of AMI we will participating in their regularly scheduled AM
net using vintage Collins AM gear.  The net meets on 3875 kHz at 8 PM CDT
(01:00 Zulu) this evening (04/17/96). We will be on the air starting at
approximately 7:00 PM CDT (00:00 Zulu) accepting contacts for QSL.

QSL Route: NY0V Tom Vinson - Station Trustee

As Art Collins was an early and ardent advocate of SSB, he vary rarely
operated AM mode. The Collins Amateur Radio Club uses HF-380 radios and
does not possess any vintage AM equipment, but this evening we be operating
with equipment restored and loaned by several of our members.

This will be a very rare AM QSL opportunity.

Please post to other interested Mail Lists, Reflectors, Nets, or News
Groups that you may feel are appropriate.

Thank you for your attention and indulgence.

Collins Amateur Radio Club
by Steven H. Sawyers