[TowerTalk] mast weight = a non issue!

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mast weight = a non issue!
From: (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:02:29 -0400
Hi Stan,

Read with fascination you post on shimming and mounting the HyGain / CDE
rotators. There's only one thing I think you omitted and that has to do with
all us guys who DON'T use thrust bearings or mount their rotors on brackets
inside their towers.

For a "top-of-the-mast" type of mounting situation....(small beams and such)
I believe that the shimming is totally unnecessary but, it is recommended
that the load be kept within 6-inches of the rotator to reduce the leveraged

Since I'm no expert on these things perhaps someone can back me up.

Roger, K2JAS