[TowerTalk] Identifying wires in your shack

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Identifying wires in your shack
From: (Gerald J Kersus)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 07:40:34 -0400
It's amazing how many wires & cables I seem to need for my "wireless"
station!  I use color strips that I found in some electrical supply house.
This are about about 1/4 inch wide and 1- 1/2 inches long.  I wrap them
around the cables AND write a signal ID on them with a permanent marker.
I put a strip on the cable and a strip of the same color on whatever that
connects to.  This lets me color code the coaxs (e.g., Beam, Beverage Box,
2M, etc.)  I do the same thing for cables plugging into the back of the
radios, amps, PC, TNCs, DVKs, etc.  I do the same thing out at the tower.
I found out that the color coding AND the signal description helps
me keep things straight whenever I need to reconfigure something quickly.
For some reason this always seems to happen either 10 minues into a contest
or about 27 hours into a contest.

Gerry, W1GD