[TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms
From: (Michael Mraz)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:32:42 -0000
I rent a Bosch electric jackhammer and take the breaker tip out of the hammer.
The socket in the bottom of the hammer is about an inch in diameter and it fits
over the top of the ground rod with room to spare. I start the rod (just a foot
with a small sledge just so it stays in place. Then climb a short ladder and
drop the
jackhammer over the rod. Start the jackhammer and the rod is home within a
or two (literally). If it hits a rock on the way down, the impacts will
fracture the rock
and the rod will start down again. It's never failed, even in our rocky glacial

73   Mike   N6MZ