[TowerTalk] Florescent Tube Interference.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Florescent Tube Interference.
From: jm@drsmesh.com (Joe E. Mesh)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:30:02 -0400 (EDT)
>> All metal construction.
Totally enclosed wrap around enclosures.
The diffuser panel fits tightly around bottom of fixture, and was
typically a hinged unit.
Early units in fact had diffuser panels with metal wires embedded in the
panels.
The AC input connection was through a internally mounted EMI/RFI AC
filter. This filter
was internal to the fixture. <<

Liteolier makes these fixtures as RF shielded fixtures.   They are
common in air ports and Government buildings where RF sensitive
equipment exists.

They are not expensive.  There are also special clips on the grid panel
lens in the fixtures.  Grounding is obviously essential and is ideally
bonded to your station lightning ground protection system.  The filters,
lenses and lens clips are also sold for retro-fitting their fixtures.
I have not tried these components as I bought the RF tight assemblies
including them special order.

I used these fixtures in my house in one area that fluorescent fixtures
could not be avoided (wavelength specific lamps were needed for growth).
They have been trouble free.

I have never heard these fixtures in any of my radios and I have
listened for them!!

...de W8SS

--
Thanks....Joe E. Mesh, D.M.D.,C.A.G.S.(Prosthodontics)
from Beautiful Downtown HELL, Michigan USA