[TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms
From: (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 10:00:53 -0700
At 7:32 AM -0700 4/18/97, Michael Mraz wrote:
>I rent a Bosch electric jackhammer and take the breaker tip out of the hammer.
>It's never failed, even in our rocky glacial soil.

I've tried two different ones and our High Sierra hard pan killed both of
them.  :)  The top of the rods mushroomed nicely and the hammers got nice
and hot, but the rods stayed half-in and half-out of the ground.  It took
two laborers with sledge hammers an hour to get one rod the rest of the way

Beautiful country up here, but effective grounding is a real nightmare!

73, Dick

Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada