[TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms
From: (Richard T. Mainhart)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 20:23:12 EDT
On Thu, 17 Apr 1997 15:51:52 -0500 ""
>But I've heard rumor that a really good clamp connection with no
>metal will last just as long with no corrosion even underground.  (Oh
>I hope
>that statement doesn't start something!;)

Clamps do not make as good a connection as exothermic welding (it isn't
soldering at all). Clamps loosen due to a variety of reasons, cold flow
of the conductors under the clamp being chief among them. Can't cold-flow
when you're welded ... maybe grow or shrink a bit!

Yes, your statement started more learning!

Rick  WB3EXR