[TowerTalk] Utility Co. tower guy anchoring

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Utility Co. tower guy anchoring
From: (Steve Narducci)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 00:18:48 -0500
Just so some of you who may wonder about guy anchoring,  I
just had the local utility company come out today and
set me some of their screw anchors.  These were 16' long
with 3 set of scews on them.  I was told that these were
ones that they no long use anymore and and they had a whole
stock pile of them just laying out there.  Believe me folks,
this is a heart stopper for a ham to see such a pile!
        Anyway, it cost me $100 each for them and they
came out on a saturday for another $150 to put them in for
me.  I thought that is a bargain now that I can hold up the
Empire State Building! 30' of tower is up now and the rest
this week. 73's and cu in the pile ups...Steve NW9G