[TowerTalk] forged/malleable EHS clamps

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] forged/malleable EHS clamps
From: (
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:56:39 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-22 10:45:04 EDT, (Pete Soper)

> Texas Towers won't be stocking forged EHS clamps in the future so
>  I cleaned them out of their remaining stock of 1/4CCF. I'm curious
>  what the tradeoff is. Do malleable clamps differ in strength or
>  durability or is there some other characteristic? (Not that my wimpy
>  first tower is going to explore any strength issues, just wanting to
>  learn)
    A glutton for punishment, eh?

    Forged clamps are stronger than malleable, or cast, ones.  I have a
partial military spec but don't have any definitive numbers on them; I don't
think it's enough to worry about.  The forged ones are also slightly heavier.

73,  Steve  K7LXC