[TowerTalk] Wind speed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wind speed
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 12:36:24 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-26 11:15:48 EDT, kt6ra@netfeed.com (Ray Antasek)
writes:

> I received the MARC program from Tower Tech.  It's been very informative to
>  plug in numbers and see what the program recommends for a mast.  I highly
>  recommend the program.  It's easy to use and eliminates the guess work
>  selecting the right mast for the installation.
>
>  I am looking for the maximum wind speed for Stanislaus county so I can get
>  some accurate information for my location.

     Thanks for the kind comments on the MARC (Mast, Antenna and Rotator
Calculator) program.

     Stanislaus county is only officially rated at 70 MPH which is the lowest
wind speed that the TIA-222 gives.  For further information, contact your
local building department and see if they have an ASCE 7-88 wind map for your
area.  It shows areas where higher wind speeds may exist (ridgetops and other
good ham locations, valleys, etc.).  You can also check with your local
airport to see what they have to say.  They'll know about many areas of micro
weather phenomena.

73 and tnx again,  Steve  K7LXC

     TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs