N4KG: Re: [TowerTalk] tower height

To: <>
Subject: N4KG: Re: [TowerTalk] tower height
From: (george fremin iii)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 09:55:35 -0500 (CDT)
>This is the age old antenna question!
>There is NO  SINGLE  OPTIMUM  HEIGHT, especially for the high bands.  TWO
>antennas at 40 and 80 ft are very effective with
>switching for upper, lower, and both in phase.

I aggree with your comments but, to ask the orignal question again.

If I gave you a TH-7 and this was to be your only antenna
for 20-15-10 and you wanted it to work "best" over an
entire solar cycle at anytime of day or at any distance
at what height would you put it?

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.            "I'm on a mexican radio"
K5TR                                           - Wall of Voodoo