[TowerTalk] Aluminum Oxidation

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Oxidation
From: (
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 18:43:57 EDT
 am a relative newcomer to towertalk and I'm sure this has been covered
in the past ad nausium but I will pose it again.  I have an old TH6 that
I picked recently that seems to be in great shape - except for heavy
oxidation and discoloration.  I think it must have been stored under a
house on the damp ground.  Other than steelwool or scotchbrite, is there
some chemical cleaner that could be used to clean it up?  I seem to
recall welding shops that used some kind of aluminum cleaner prior to
heliarc welding.
73's...Larry W4LK