[TowerTalk] Aluminum Oxidation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Oxidation
From: ki0dz@juno.com (Mary-Frances R. Bartels)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 21:00:53 MST
On Sun, 27 Apr 1997 21:20:05 +0000 "Donnie Murray (KE4RNA)"
<ke4rna@Traveller.COM> writes:
>The acid that you are referring to is commonly called HF to people
>that use or are around it regularly. It's full name is hyroflouric
>acid. There's no doubt it will clean the aluminum, but it will also
>clean your flesh to the bone literally. This stuff seeks out

   I have to second this.  I worked in a lab for 10 years.  I even heard
of guys that got the stuff on their hands and DID NOT KNOW IT.  It wasn't
until later that they discovered they'd been "burned".  I personally
wouldn't go near the stuff.
                                                       73,
                                                       Mary-Frances

Mary-Frances R. Bartels                         (((#)))     ^     ^
Amateur Radio Callsign: KI0DZ     Denver, CO       |         ^ - ^
"Owner and Operator" of Rudolph's Rabbit Ranch  -------      (o o)
Independent Rep. of Watkins products            |ooOoo|    >{  |  }<
(303) 428-5884   ki0dz@juno.com                 -------        "      )*