[TowerTalk] Re: Commercial Source for Gamma Match

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Commercial Source for Gamma Match
From: n6cr@ix.netcom.com (Dr. Richard W. Musicer)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:58:13 -0500 (CDT)
Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:

>Got one from Cushcraft for $17.00 including a manual for the antenna
>(that I dont have).  I felt guilty telling them I owned one when I
>really didn't.

You deserve the guilt.  But you will continue to suffer!  Should have
used a beta match (hairpin/tee) a la Hygain.  They would have sold you
the parts whether you had one of their antennas or not.  Plus you would
have had a better matching system both electrically and mechanically.
After switching systems fairly recently I'd never go back.
GL/73, Rick, N6CR in Atlanta