[TowerTalk] Rohn Parts Sources?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Parts Sources?
From: (Pete Soper)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 14:24:10 -0400
K4VUD wrote:

>Rohn tower bolts AS PER ROHN SPECS available in Fla. at Home Depot.  I
>found the bolt lady and she put her hand on the box exactly what Rohn
>specifies, nuts, bolts, lock washers, etc.  Sometimes the obvious works.

And sometimes the truth isn't so obvious. I'm told that the reason I got
plated bolts and nuts from Texas Towers is that this is what Rohn sells and
specifies for joining tower sections now. They used to be galvanized.
I can't really afford it but if I can find galvanized hardware for my tower
joints I'll use that and the plated stuff can go to somebody who doesn't care
about the difference. I still need a whole pile of other galvanized hardware for
my foldover anyway (to replace the rusted slugs that used to be plated bolts!).