[TowerTalk] tower damage / insurance question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower damage / insurance question
From: (Madison R. Jones)
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 00:46:35 -0500
Paul van der Eijk wrote:
> My tower was damaged by a truck delivering gravel (one guy and
> 2m antenna in the top.) Their insurance wants to prorate the years I
> owned the tower over the useful live of the installation. I'm not sure that
> this is acceptable, but if I have to make the choice, what would be the
> useful live of the installation?
> Tower is 90ft Rohn 45, guyed by a mix of phillystran and steel cable.
> 73 Paul KK4HD

Suffice it to say that insurance companies respect the bottom line,
which is improved by $1 for every buck they don't pay you for legitimate
claims.  I suggest you hire competent legal help in the event the
insurance company does not INSTANTLY pay you the replacement cost.
(This advice coming from a lawyer who has some insurers on the client
list, just so you'll know.)