[TowerTalk] tower damage / insurance question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower damage / insurance question
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 05:53:22 -0400 (EDT)
Paul,

Several years ago a painter spilled stain on one of a matched pair of
sofas.  His insurance company (a large well known company...) offered to
pay for the repair of one sofa, but not to exceed its depreciated value.
I would have to eat the cost of reupholstering the second sofa to match
the first.

Obviously this was totally unacceptable to me, I hired an attorney and the
insurance company quickly settled for the cost to reupholster both sofas
plus the attorney's (not insignificant) fee.

73
Frank
W3LPL
donovanf@sgate.com